Kase and Company Inc. offers in-house training on an array of hedging, risk management, and technical trading and forecasting subjects that can be customized to meet your education needs. Kase is also available to speak at client meetings or conferences on these subjects. Kase is very experienced in public speaking having presented to audiences ranging from a dozen participants to over a thousand and has professionally produced training videos as well.
SAMPLE CLASSES – Courses may be customized to fit your specific needs.
Understanding Technical Analysis introduces attendees to the basics of technical analysis. Attendees will be taught how to properly interpret charts and basic indicators, read and understand technical price forecasts, technical trading, and trade risk assessment.
- Charting and chart types
- Basics of candlesticks
- Geometric formations
- Trending technical indicators such as moving averages, ADX/DMI and more
- Bar patterns and gaps
- Momentum indicators, such as Stochastic, RSI, MACD and more
- Wave projections and retracements
- Stops and risk evaluation
Trading and Forecasting with Technical Analysis teaches the practical use of technical analysis to support buy sell decisions, managing risk and executing exits. The course also teaches how to determine market direction and the extent of market moves using patterns, candlesticks, wave projections and retracements.
- Improving trading results by using innovative chart and bar types
- Identifying opportune entries
- Improve exits by anticipating market turns
- Take profit and cut losses by using statistically significant stops
- Strategy development and price target forecasting
- Evaluating risk
- Determine trend strength
- Reducing risk by learning how to trade multiple time frames
- How to combine technicals with fundamentals
- Developing a cohesive trading strategy
Introduction to Energy Hedging and Risk Management is a “need to know” course for any new trader, risk manager, or manager of risk/trading personnel. The class teaches all the basics necessary to understand terminology, futures, options, and over-the-counter derivatives, the nature of risk, and the mechanics of hedging.
- What is risk?
- Basic market energy hedging and risk management terminology
- Futures and options
- OTC derivatives
- Forward curves and shape
- Executing hedges
- Hedging basis and calendar spreads
- Mathematics of hedge mechanics
Practical Energy Risk Management and Hedging is designed to teach attendees how to achieve trading, risk management and hedging success using straightforward technical and statistical procedures. This course covers intermediate to advanced level topics any risk manager, trader, or hedger should know.
- Determining risk appetite
- Defining exposures
- Designing a hedge strategy (when to hedge, how much to hedge, etc.)
- Complex derivatives’ strategies
- Risk mathematics and VAR
- Estimating risk over time
- Options mathematics and strategies
- How to match derivative instrument choice to market conditions
- Volatility, historic versus implied and how the math works
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Basis, regression and correlation analysis
Pricing is dependent on the length of the class requested, location, number of attendees, and any custom topics. For in-house seminar pricing please fill out the information request form or contact us at (505) 237-1600
Electricity/Oil & Gas Technical Analysis and Risk Management Essentials
May 9-10, Houston